Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Virtual Classroom

I thought tonight's chat was great! It was a little confusing at first, especially since my whiteboard wasn't working, but it all came together when I left then joined back in. Once the whiteboard was active and I was able to see what Professor Luongo was posting everything made more sense. The chat was especially helpful for me, since I was still a little confused about the Webquest project. Now I feel I understand what I really need to do and what is not necessary for the project. I am excited to try the website that allows you to create your own webquests as Fran suggested. Even though Professor Luongo said Webquests are more of a nineties trend, and I can see that in the style when viewing some of the Webquests, I also think Webquests could be quality educational tools if used properly. I am not yet a teacher, but I am interested to hear if any of the experienced teachers in the class have used any Webquests in their classroom and how effective they felt the was with real students.

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Great post, Elena!

I am glad you found some value last night using the Virtual Classroom function. Next time, it will only get easier. :)

Can you see how you could use this function with students. Let's say-- 8th graders who were working on a project and needed help at night? A chat room could help. Also, the recorded log can be good for you all to look back on what was discussed in "class".

Thanks for posting, Elena.

Denise's 555 & 570 Blog said...

Thanks for Manno's email address. I emailed her and got my application. I appreciate it.